[NatureNS] A Fisher !

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of helene.birdvet@gmail.com designates 10.42.135.9 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.42.135.9;
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:22:24 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--90e6ba613cc216867d04b9d4aa7b

We thought an animal might have been caught in a trap and went with the
flashlight to investigate ( at night)..then the sounds got louder and
angrier and a LARGE branch snapped  ahead...so we slowly backed up. Then we
heard the sounds in another direction. We then decided to listen from the
house ;)

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1 Brookfield NS B0N1C0
902-893-0253
birdvet@hotmail.com
www.cwrc.net
Our 2012 Wildlife Calendars <http://cwrc.net/?page_id=224> are now
available!

--90e6ba613cc216867d04b9d4aa7b

We thought an animal might have been caught in a trap and went with the fla=
shlight to investigate ( at night)..then the sounds got louder and angrier =
and a LARGE branch snapped =A0ahead...so we slowly backed up. Then we heard=
 the sounds in another direction. We then decided to listen from the house =
;)<div>
2 at 10:06 PM, Rick Whitman <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dendroi=
ca.caerulescens@gmail.com">dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">There was a novel published in 1971, &quot;T=
he Winter of the Fisher&quot; by<br>
Cameron Langford. It is quite close to the top of the class in the<br>
&quot;wildlife writing&quot; group. The author uses the word &quot;scream&q=
uot; in the<br>
courtship.<br>
Rick.<br>
On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Helene Van Doninck<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:helene.birdvet@gmail.com">helene.birdvet@gmail.com</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; We had one screaming behind our property a couple of summers ago. Spoo=
kiest<br>
&gt; sound EVER and took me the longest time to figure out what it was! ( n=
ever<br>
&gt; did see it, just identified by sound)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Helene<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM, jen cooper &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:iffe=
rcooper@hotmail.com">iffercooper@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Really great pictures, Rick. Thanks.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:nhungjohn@eastlink.ca">nhungjohn@east=
link.ca</a><br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebu=
cto.ns.ca</a><br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Subject: RE: [NatureNS] A Fisher !<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:29:55 -0400<br>
&gt;&gt;<b