[NatureNS] new song sparrows etc., Wolfville

Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:12:04 -0400
From: g4syth@staff.ednet.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jim

The domestic roosters that we have had, have lost spurs when fighting,
or when the spurs have grown very long they get tangled in bushes and
will dislodge. They seem to be shells, hollow, and there is a stub
left behind that will grow into a spur. Seems that it doesn't hurt the
rooster and they still crow, scratch and do the other roosterly duties.

George Forsyth