[NatureNS] vulture-free weekend

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of randy.lauff@gmail.com designates 10.52.17.82 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.52.17.82;
From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:30:17 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--bcaec50405d61d03c904ba7eef8a

All,

The Black Vulture was not seen at all on the weekend.

There were fresh carcasses put out on Saturday morning. The strange thing
is that there was almost no activity at all at the carcasses...the same
ones are still out, relatively untouched, this morning.

So, I'm wondering if the scavengers have found a bunch of washed up seals
or a whale or just a road-killed deer, somewhere where they feel safer? My
garden feeding area is surrounded by trees, and I'm sure they would prefer
something more open.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--bcaec50405d61d03c904ba7eef8a

morning. The strange thing is that there was almost no activity at all at t=
he carcasses...the same ones are still out, relatively untouched, this morn=
ing.</div>

nch of washed up seals or a whale or just a road-killed deer, somewhere whe=
re they feel safer? My garden feeding area is surrounded by trees, and I&#3=
9;m sure they would prefer something more open.</div>

--bcaec50405d61d03c904ba7eef8a--