[NatureNS] BO Returns 3rd Consecutive Year

From: Barbara Pat Giffin <barpat@eastlink.ca>
To: NATURENS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:36:59 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD04E2.48F46A70

Hi:
18Mar12, 0715
Barbara sighted the female Barred Owl within 10 metres of our Nest box. =
This is the 3rd consecutive year, hopefully, nesting will occur.

I saw it at 0810. Barbara reported that when I opened the curtains in =
our bedroom, she was watching the owl from a different location in our =
home, the owl turned its head and looked toward the source of the sound =
that the curtain hardware makes sliding on the metal track, a sound that =
is just audible to us in the room.
The owl would have been about 30 metres away from us, and about 10 =
metres from the nest box. It was on a snag about 3 metres above ground, =
I could see a Grey Squirrel a short distance from the owl: perhaps =
breakfast in the rough!
Cheers, Barbara and Pat
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD04E2.48F46A70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>18Mar12, 0715</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Barbara sighted the female Barred Owl within 10 =
metres of our=20
Nest box. This is the 3rd consecutive year, hopefully, nesting will=20
occur.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I saw it at 0810. Barbara reported that when I =
opened the=20
curtains in our bedroom,&nbsp;she was watching&nbsp;the owl&nbsp;from a=20
different location in our home, the owl turned its head and looked =
toward the=20
source of the sound that the curtain hardware makes sliding on the metal =
track,=20
a sound that is just audible to us in the room.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The owl would have been about 30 metres away from =
us, and=20
about 10 metres from the nest box. It was on a snag about 3 metres above =
ground,=20
I could see a Grey Squirrel a short distance from the owl: perhaps =
breakfast in=20
the rough!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cheers, Barbara and Pat</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD04E2.48F46A70--