[NatureNS] plants/spring

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:31:47 -0300

My big Maple bloomed yesterday and the Japanese quince along the drive began
unfurling petals/sepals. I expect blooms open by this pm. My Dorothy Perkins
rose in the jumble behind the house is leafing out, again. Then there is the
ever hopeful honeysuckle on the doorstep. It must be half a dozen times now
it's buds got excited. Very few insects buzzing about on the Heath that has
been blooming for sometime.
I have starlings trying to take the swallow house over and grackles.......we
had  seven nests last year. This year there well may be more! I was outside
briefly but without my glasses. I thought I heard  swallows
I saw a bat last evening flying about the street light last evening.

Marg Millard, White Point, Queens