[NatureNS] cause of unusual winter ?

From: "Dusan Soudek" <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:04:17 -0300

Ulli,
   I am not denying that global warming, a.k.a. climate change, is
happening. My question is about the mechanism, i.e. the proximal cause, of
one half of the Earth's Northern hemisphere having a record warm winter and
the other a record cold winter this year. Any thoughts? A westward shift in
the position of the Gulf Stream is a possibility..
   Dusan Soudek