[NatureNS] Osprey plus others

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:26:16 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CD17E6.ACA12010

Saw two osprey Monday. One working on  a nest at Hebbs Cross on the 103 =
at the water supply and another on the nest by the Theatre complex as I =
was heading out the river to Lunenburg.
Lots of House Sparrows beside Lunenburg Art Gallery. Only place I see =
them any more seems to be Lunenburg.  Had three Great Blue Herons fly =
overhead as I traveled as well. Hard to drive and watch birds. Scares =
the dickens out of the others on the road. :?(.

We have  Bald Eagles nesting somewhere not far from here, I think. What =
is distance to a Bald eagle is the question. There are two adults at =
least and a juvenile that are overhead alot in the run of a day.=20

For those who follow Robin's story, he seems to have a female friend and =
he seems to be busily building nests about the property.=20

Male RT Hummingbird was in the yard Easter Sunday early am but I haven't =
seen it since. It looked fine to me. It spent time at the location we =
used to have a feeder some years ago. No Swallows that have stayed.=20

There are a number of woodpeckers, Downy, Hairy and Northern Flickers =
about. I haven't seen a red-bellied or even the Yellow bellied sapsucker =
in awhile. I've been watching a feisty female Downy putting boots to a =
Flicker on a regular basis.=20

Best regards,=20
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CD17E6.ACA12010

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><A =
href=3D"http://MargMillard.ca">Saw</A> two osprey=20
Monday. One working on&nbsp; a nest at Hebbs Cross on the 103 at the =
water=20
supply and another on the nest by the Theatre complex as I was heading =
out the=20
river to Lunenburg.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Lots of House Sparrows beside Lunenburg =
Art=20
Gallery. Only place I see them any more seems to be Lunenburg.&nbsp; Had =
three=20
Great Blue Herons fly overhead as I traveled as well. Hard to drive and =
watch=20
birds. Scares the dickens out of the others on the road. =
:?(.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>We have&nbsp; Bald Eagles nesting =
somewhere not far=20
from here, I think. What is distance to a Bald eagle is the question. =
There are=20
two adults at least and a juvenile that are overhead alot in the run of =
a day.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>For those who follow Robin's story, he =
seems to=20
have a female friend and he&nbsp;seems to be&nbsp;busily building nests =
about=20
the property. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Male RT Hummingbird was in the =
yard&nbsp;Easter=20
Sunday early am but I haven't seen it since. It looked fine to me. It =
spent time=20
at the location we used to have a feeder some years ago. No Swallows =
that have=20
stayed. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>There are a number of woodpeckers, =
Downy, Hairy and=20
Northern Flickers about. I haven't seen a red-bellied or even the Yellow =
bellied=20
sapsucker in awhile. I've been watching a feisty female Downy putting =
boots to a=20
Flicker on a regular basis. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Best regards, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Marg Millard, White Point,=20
Queens</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CD17E6.ACA12010--