[NatureNS] Tree Swallows on Wolfville Ridge

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:13:57 -0300

Sat Apr 14 /12:

Four Tree Swallows were seen flying  around the nest boxes in the orchard NW
of Wolfville Ridge Stile Park mid-morning   The nest boxes in this orchard
are part of an ongoing TRSW project run by some of Professor Marty Leonard's
students at Dalhousie Univ.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

We have our tree Swallows back as well. I know there are at least 8 birds
and two were carrying lovely white curling feathers. I know someone else is
hosting housing this year so I guess we are slum landlords. I need to get
busy and see about that. Other nesters include Grackles (way to many of
these noisy ..souls and our Robin amongst others. So far I see three nests
he has built and one might be in the upside down boat. I'm not sure that is
his. No Hummingbird sighting since last weekend.
Best regards,
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca