[NatureNS] Piping Plover and Other Arrivals

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:12:10 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CD1E1D.43E0E730

I took a stroll at Martinique Beach this morning, arriving on the sand =
at sunrise as usual. I found one Piping Plover about 500 metres east of =
the wash through. Last year I saw none all year which is really tragic =
since in past years I've seen over 20 at times. There were also singles =
of Greater Yellowlegs and Black-bellied Plover. Ipswich Sparrow was =
present, heard only, although none were on the beach. There was another =
Greater Yellowlegs near Grand Desert. Great Blue Heron has now arrived =
in numbers. Laura and I spotted five flying over the coastal barrens =
yesterday near Duncan's Cove Lake.

Hans
________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/
------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CD1E1D.43E0E730

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I took a stroll at Martinique Beach =
this morning,=20
arriving on the sand at sunrise as usual. I found one <STRONG>Piping=20
Plover</STRONG> about 500 metres east of the wash through. Last year I =
saw none=20
all year which is really tragic since in past years I've seen over 20 at =
times.=20
There were also singles of <STRONG>Greater Yellowlegs</STRONG> and=20
<STRONG>Black-bellied Plover</STRONG>. <STRONG>Ipswich Sparrow</STRONG> =
was=20
present, heard only,&nbsp;although none were on the beach.<STRONG>=20
</STRONG>There was another <STRONG>Greater Yellowlegs</STRONG> near =
Grand=20
Desert.<STRONG> Great Blue Heron</STRONG> has now arrived in numbers. =
Laura and=20
I spotted five flying over the coastal barrens yesterday near Duncan's =
Cove=20
Lake.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2=20
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DI=