[NatureNS] Spring Migration Bird Count -- WHERE IS THE INFO?

From: ulli@dunlin.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 01:05:33 -0300

Angus,

Read my post again and you will find that all I said is that available information regarding the
date of the Spring migration count and contact information for Chris to request further
information was published on various "traditional" NSBS outlets and NOT ONLY OR
EXCLUSIVELY on facebook as some -including you below- seem to imply!
And no I don't think anyone here is dense or silly!

One more time: The currently available information regarding the migration count is for some
time now on the NSBS website and it is included in the current NSBirds magazine!!!!

And all this was also correctly pointed out in Blake's email, who decided to publicly wonder
why there was not more detailed info available at this point! In the meantime Chris gave us
an answer to this, and as soon as he gets everything finalized and lined up NatureNS will get
word as well -like all other NSBS fieldtrips and meetings have here been advertised.

Then somehow the whole facebook issue and information overload came up and some folks
got the wrong impression and felt left out in the dark.  FOR NO REASON!

So one more time: NO information was withheld or inaccessible for all those of us who are
not on facebook -that includes myself- and / or were not aware of a NSBird facebook site!
And concluding from Chris earlier message I assume that the facebook site has currently not
more info about the Spring Migration Count available than all the other Bird Society news
outlets mentioned above.

THERE HAS BEEN NO BREAK DOWN IN INFORMATION, OR WORSE UNDER THE
TABLE DEALING OF INFORMATION.

In the  2nd part in my post I pointed out that the existance of a NSBS facebook presence was
everything but commando.   It was repeatedly mentioned at NSBS meetings that, and only in
this point you are correct, all took place in Halifax.  But  "FIND US NOW ON FACEBOOK" is
displayed on the NSBS website, and NSBS on facebook was mentioned on past NatureNS
posts and in emails circulated to NSBS members.

Knowing how I scan the lot of emails I get every day or browse over websites I can see
myself overlooking this kind of information bits, espcl. since I have no interest in facebook
myself. Still, at least I read and try to understand the messages I choose to respond to.

Ulli