[NatureNS] Bird and Insects

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:41:22 +0000

--_5060f7e2-a962-4665-b738-c8dd7d593f35_

Hi all:
=20
This morning I was in Lunenburg and Pat wanted to drop into Frenchies by th=
e Railway Museum.  As I got out of the car I heard a yellow-rumped warbler =
singing.  A lot must have come in over the past few days as I heard them si=
nging away at multiple locations.  I went over to listen to the song of the=
 yellow-rumped warbler and it turns out that two were present along with so=
me other species.  I pished to try and draw out some of the species there f=
or a better view and to my surprise what should come along but a Nashville =
warbler.  This is very early in my opinion for this species.  I would also =
consider a killdeer nest early=2C but a lady reported one to me today with =
four eggs at a farm at Union Square.
=20
Along the Lunenburg Back Harbour Trail there were multiple insects=2C or so=
rts of what I would refer to as fake bees.  One species was tiny with a red=
dish abdomen=2C there was another larger one and a very tiny one with purpl=
e wings and an emerald abdomen.  I'll have to get an insect book to key the=
se sorts out.  The tiny one was similar to a sweat bee. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_5060f7e2-a962-4665-b738-c8dd7d593f35_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
This morning I was in Lunenburg and Pat wanted to drop into Frenchies by th=
e Railway Museum.&nbsp=3B As I got out of the car I heard a yellow-rumped w=
arbler singing.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BA lot must have come in over the past few da=
ys as I heard them singing away at multiple locations.&nbsp=3B I went over =
to listen to the song of the yellow-rumped warbler and it turns out that tw=
o were present along with some other species.&nbsp=3B I pished to try and d=
raw out some of the species there for a better view and to my surprise what=
 should come along but a Nashville warbler.&nbsp=3B This is very early in m=
y opinion for this species.&nbsp=3B I would also consider a killdeer nest e=
arly=2C but a lady reported one to me today with four eggs at a farm at Uni=
on Square.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Along the Lunenburg Back Harbour Trail there were multiple insects=2C or so=
rts of what I would refer to as fake bees.&nbsp=3B One species was tiny wit=
h a reddish abdomen=2C there was another larger one and a very tiny one wit=
h purple wings and an emerald abdomen.&nbsp=3B I'll have to get an insect b=
ook to key these sorts out.&nbsp=3B The tiny one was similar to a sweat bee=
.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_5060f7e2-a962-4665-b738-c8dd7d593f35_--