[NatureNS] Common Gallinule Update: Injured Robin

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:53:41 -0300

Hi Gayle, Joan Czapalay

I did not find the Common Gallinule Friday evening or yesterday.  No sign of
the Ruddy Ducks in Spider? Lake in Waverley.  We should keep checking for a
few more days.  Good to have some rain.

Cheers
Liz

Today, April 22, I did not see 'Vogel' the Common Gallinule at Red Bridge
Pond. I was there around noon & did a walk-about scanning the bank area of
the pond, with my binoculars, as much as I could, anyway. It was mild but
damp, & thankful for the rain, as we certainly need it.

I did see 5 American Widgeons and 1 vividly coloured male Eurasian Widgeon.
As well, there were several Red-winged Blackbirds, both male & female and a
number of Song Sparrows.

I last was at Red Bridge Pond last Tuesday, April 17 where the Common
Gallinule was present and looking & swimming strongly and behaving in an
alert manner.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth