[NatureNS] Thanks - bird recoding angevine

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:31:32 -0300

--_e8c3bbb7-ace8-451c-bdb9-82d644b6993c_

 Thanks very much to  all those who offered to assist with bird call ids. J=
eff's answer was most comprehensive:
From
Jeff MacLeod
Hi Mary.

There is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet singing throughout the recording (very nois=
y birds=2C and their song has an odd mix of components). A Chipping Sparrow=
 (dry trill) sings occasionally (I think=2C but trillers are tricky sometim=
es). A Robin's call notes are audible.=20

I think one song that you may be confused about happens during the first ha=
lf of the recording. It is a fast series of whistles that run together--a n=
ice sounding song. Hard to describe with words. I can't really be sure abou=
t the species that produced it (especially since the recording is quiet on =
my computer)=2C but here are a few options to consider: Purple Finch=2C Pin=
e Grosbeak=2C Warbling Vireo. Warbling Vireos aren't common in NS=2C and th=
is is probably early for them=2C so this is unlikely. The other two can sou=
nd quite similar. I've had more experience with Purple Finch=2C and those I=
've heard tend to add more components to their songs and go on for longer p=
eriods than heard in this recording (but those things could have happened a=
fter the recording).=20
 		 	   		  =

--_e8c3bbb7-ace8-451c-bdb9-82d644b6993c_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
nbsp=3B&nbsp=3Ball those who offered to assist with bird call ids. Jeff&#39=
noisy birds=2C and their song has an odd mix of components). A Chipping Spa=
rrow (dry trill) sings occasionally (I think=2C but trillers are tricky som=
etimes). A Robin&#39=3Bs call notes are audible.&#160=3B<br><br>I think one=
 song that you may be confused about happens during the first half of the r=
ecording. It is a fast series of whistles that run together--a nice soundin=
g song. Hard to describe with words. I can&#39=3Bt really be sure about the=
 species that produced it (especially since the recording is quiet on my co=
mputer)=2C but here are a few options to consider: Purple Finch=2C Pine Gro=
sbeak=2C Warbling Vireo. Warbling Vireos aren&#39=3Bt common in NS=2C and t=
his is probably early for them=2C so this is unlikely. The other two can so=
und quite similar. I&#39=3Bve had more experience with Purple Finch=2C and =
those I&#39=3Bve heard tend to add more components to their songs and go on=