[NatureNS] Orioles leaving Halifax

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:44:13 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------020802020802090508040403

'My' male Baltimore oriole, at my feeders since December 2011, was last
seen on 15th April - leaving right in sync with other birds he has had
no contact with!

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margaret's Bay

On 23/04/2012 4:56 PM, Kevin Lantz wrote:
> The Baltimore Oriole that turned up at my feeders on April 1st has departed as well, last seen April 18th. Our American Tree Sparrows seem to have left on the same date.
>
> Kevin Lantz
> Front Centre

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      size="+1">, at my feeders since December 2011, was last seen on
      15th April</font> - leaving <font size="+1">right in sync with
      other birds he has had no contact with</font>!<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    Seabright, St Margaret's Bay<br>
      <pre wrap="">The Baltimore Oriole that turned up at my feeders on April 1st has departed as well, last seen April 18th. Our American Tree Sparrows seem to have left on the same date.

Kevin Lantz
Front Centre

The 7 immature Baltimore Orioles that overwintered in my yard have been departing over the past week and a half, one at a time.  All 7 were last here April 12, and I am now down to one lone female, which looks like the first one that appeared last November.  The very bright male, "Flash", was last seen April 13, by which time he was sporting a heavy necklace and throat patch of black.

One of the Brown-headed Cowbirds that wintered here also continued to visit the yard occasionally, last seen April 15.

Cheers,
Susann Myers
</pre>

--------------020802020802090508040403--