[NatureNS] "Indigo" Beetle

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:00:46 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--bcaec5016525d0d07604beaf6755

Blister Beetle!
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 27 April 2012 17:55, Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>wrote:

> We have Indigo Buntings and indigo Blue Grosbeaks all over the
> province, so why not some "Indigo" Beetles ? I had 3 of these on the
> Gaspereau River trail, upriver from White Rock, Kings Co. I believe
> they were feeding on the fruiting bodies of the moss & you can see in
> the photos that very few of those fruiting bodies remain. Could one of
> our coleopterists give me the correct name for these ? Thanks.
>

> http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Insects/17693930_vWwZBS#!i=1816199928&k=sFrNk2v
>
> Rick Whitman

--bcaec5016525d0d07604beaf6755

province, so why not some &quot;Indigo&quot; Beetles ? I had 3 of these on the<br>
Gaspereau River trail, upriver from White Rock, Kings Co. I believe<br>
they were feeding on the fruiting bodies of the moss &amp; you can see in<br>
the photos that very few of those fruiting bodies remain. Could one of<br>
our coleopterists give me the correct name for these ? Thanks.<br>
http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Insects/17693930_vWwZBS#!i=1816199928&k=sFrNk2v<br>
Rick Whitman<br>

--bcaec5016525d0d07604beaf6755--