[NatureNS] bees vs. Bayer?

From: "Dave&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:36:22 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01CD256D.CF460D30

I wonder if any of you would comment on the current controversy about =
this nicotine-based insecticide, produced by Bayer and used mostly on =
corn, that some researchers believe to be the key factor in the colony =
collapse disease.  I have tried to read some of the research, but I am =
not as equipped to evaluate what I read as are you professionals.  I =
would be most interested in your opinions.
Jane Schlosberg
p.s.  In the meantime, if any of you keep bees, it would probably be a =
good idea to NOT feed corn syrup (unless organic).
------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01CD256D.CF460D30

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV>I wonder if any of you would comment on the current controversy =
about this=20
nicotine-based insecticide, produced by Bayer and used mostly on corn, =
that some=20
researchers believe to be the key factor in the colony collapse =
disease.&nbsp; I=20
have tried to read some of the research, but I am not as equipped to =
evaluate=20
what I read as are you professionals.&nbsp; I would be most interested =
in your=20
opinions.</DIV>
<DIV>Jane Schlosberg</DIV>
<DIV>p.s.&nbsp; In the meantime, if any of you keep bees, it would =
probably be a=20
good idea to NOT feed corn syrup (unless=20
organic).</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01CD256D.CF460D30--