[NatureNS] Re: Bird ID

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:38:19 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>

--------------000007050906080107060608

My thanks to all who helped confirm the ID as a female rose breasted
grosbeak; I see clearly that is certainly what it is. I am quite
familiar with the males as I have had brief spring visits from them
before, but it never occurred to me to look for M/F differences -
another lesson learned!

Great to have Nature NS around for such ready welcome help!

With appreciation,
Eleanor Lindsay

On 30/04/2012 12:00 PM, Ken McKenna wrote:
> Ken McKenna
> Box 218 Stellarton NS
> B0K 1S0
> 902 752-7644
>
>    Hi Eleanor
>    It is a fem. Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I had one the other day and it caught me by surprise- I had to get the book pout to be sure even though these birds spend all summer in my yard as they nest nearby.
>    Nice clear photos to ID.
>
>    cheers
>    ken

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      female rose breasted grosbeak; I see clearly that is certainly
      what it is. I am quite familiar with the males as I have had brief
      spring visits from them before, but it never occurred to me </font>to
    look for M/F differences - another lesson learned!<br>
    Great to have Nature NS around for such ready welcome help!<br>
    With appreciation,<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
  It is a fem. Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I had one the other day and it caught me by surprise- I had to get the book pout to be sure even though these birds spend all summer in my yard as they nest nearby.
  Nice clear photos to ID.

  cheers
  ken

  My pictures are attached; if it's of any value in size estimation, the metal squares around the small bird feeder in the first two pictures are 1.5" in size.

  Eleanor

</pre>

--------------000007050906080107060608--