[NatureNS] Migratory Flypaths in HRM?

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:55:19 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf303b427dbd54a404bee85129

Let me rephrase that..I have lots of info on bird strikes on glass windows,
there are others on this list better equipped to handle the question of
migratory flightpaths through HRM. Read this quickly at work...sorry :)

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1 Brookfield NS B0N1C0
902-893-0253
birdvet@hotmail.com
www.cwrc.net
Join us on May 12 for our Annual Benefit
Concert<http://cwrc.net/?page_id=1381>and Silent Auction

--20cf303b427dbd54a404bee85129

Let me rephrase that..I have lots of info on bird strikes on glass windows,=
 there are others on this list better equipped to handle the question of mi=
gratory flightpaths through HRM. Read this quickly at work...sorry :)<br>
M, Helene Van Doninck <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:helene.birdve=
t@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">helene.birdvet@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Gayle, I have lots, but to start look at <a =
ne<div class=3D"HOEnZb">
t 9:09 AM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:duartess@ns.sympatico.c=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello All,<br>
I am asking for assistance of where I could go, to find information of know=
n or suspected migratory flyways (paths) that exist, that go along the Lake=
 Banook area of Dartmouth.<br>
The reason I am asking is because there will be an appeal from a developer =
next week here in HRM in front of City Council to overturn a decision that =
turned down their plans to put up an 18 story glassed sided apartment build=
ing at the bottom of my street, Glenwood Avenue. This is the Grahams Grove =
area of Dartmouth, beside Lake Banook.<br>

I will be one of 29 speakers opposing their appeal.<br>
I wish to bring up points that this type of structure would negatively impa=
ct our migratory birds and birds in general that travel through this area.<=
br>
However, I also want to be prepared with accurate information.<br>
Is there a source that I can go to or contact where I might find this?<br>
So as to not clog up the list, please contact me at <a href=3D"mailto:duart=
ess@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">duartess@ns.sympatico.ca</a> if anyo=
ne has information that would help me.<br>
Thanks in advance and for your consideration.<br>
Sincerely,<br>
Gayle MacLean<br>
Dartmouth<br>
a href=3D"tel:902-893-0253" value=3D"+19028930253" target=3D"_blank">902-89=
3-0253</a></div>
il.com</a></div>
v><div>Join us on May 12 for our <a href=3D"http://cwrc.net/?page_id=3D1381=
et@hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>