[NatureNS] April 30: Robin, Crane Fly, Mustard White

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:13:31 -0300

Dear All,                May 1, 2012
    Yesterday, while walking down a grassy woods road in North Alton, I saw
a Robin with a large beak-full of dead grass. A second Robin was nearby &
likely also a nest in the making.

    Mustard White continue to be abundant at North Alton woodlot and now are
throughout, perhaps because windfalls and tree death provide more glades.
About a week ago I saw one apparently working a White Violet flower.

    On the back doorstep in Kentville yesterday I saw one of the large
Craneflies that emerge from the lawn each year. This seems early but I am
not sure of this.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville