[NatureNS] Willets

From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:16:01 -0300

Joined a hiking group yesterday for a walk along the Salt Marsh Trail in
Cole Harbour (8 km return).  Woodland birds were very quiet although I did
hear 1 or 2 YR Warblers.
There were a few shorebirds - at least 3 Willets and over a dozen Greater
Yellowlegs.  More medium-sized shorebirds were farther out such that no ID
was possible.
The Bald Eagle was sitting on nest, observed from the second bridge.  Two
Ospreys were seen as was a single Savannah Sparrow.
My territory for the Migration Count includes virtually all the shoreline
from Martinique Beach to West Lawrencetown Marsh and we normally get LOTS of
Willets.  I look forward to seeing what 2012 will produce.

Bob McDonald
Halifax