[NatureNS] Green Heron @ Sullivans Pond

From: ulli@dunlin.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 22:20:06 -0300

Quite a few binocular carriers at Sullivans Pond tonight.
At first we seemed out of luck and I was about to leave when the bird reappeared and was
spotted by Harriet and Paul.  This was ~7pm.
For the next half hour we had the chance to watch the heron close-up catching several small
fish and then climb up into one of the trees on the island.
It wasn't happy with its roost and moved to a larger tree close to the road. From there it
eventually flew over towards Lake Bannook and disappeared in one of the tall spruce trees
behind the playground.  I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks around for a few more days .....

I picked two images I took and put them up on flickr ....
This link will take you to the first and the other can then be found on the right hand side film
strip
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uhoeger/7140517293/

Ulli