[NatureNS] little blue heron and summer tanager

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 00:43:43 +0000

--_e77249a5-907c-4892-ab43-2751cbfcf171_

Hi all:
=20
As Kevin Lantz mentioned the little blue heron is at Oakland where it was l=
ast year.  If this one sticks around like the one last year it should be an=
 easy bird to view and reliable.  It is an adult bird.  It was first report=
ed as seen this morning by David Walmark at around 10:00 am.  I went to see=
 it at 13:00 and then Kevin found it around 16:00.  For those on the rare b=
ird alert=2C who might not have gotten directions to the Little Blue Heron=
=2C it is in Oakland at the small marsh area on the shoreline side of the r=
oad about 4-5 km in from Mahone Bay.  The road by the marsh area goes to He=
ron Point.  The road sign across on the other side is Dynamite Rd.  It is a=
 white sign with black print.  I went also to see the 1st spring male summe=
r tanager at West Dublin.  It was nice to be able to drive into where this =
bird was and look at the feeder from my car and turn around and drive back =
home.  It is not often that one can got to find two birds at separate locat=
ions quite distant from one another and find them both within seconds of ar=
rival.  I've sent a request off to the owner of the property where the summ=
er tanager is for permission for others to view it=2C but have not heard an=
ything back yet.  I will keep all posted either way as to whether the respo=
nse is positive or not.  I will give directions at a later time if the resp=
onse is positive.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_e77249a5-907c-4892-ab43-2751cbfcf171_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
As Kevin Lantz mentioned the little blue heron is at Oakland where it was l=
ast year.&nbsp=3B If this one sticks around like the one last year it shoul=
d be an easy bird to view and reliable.&nbsp=3B It is an adult bird.&nbsp=
=3B&nbsp=3BIt was first reported as seen this morning by David Walmark at a=
round 10:00 am.&nbsp=3B I went to see it at 13:00 and then Kevin found it a=
round 16:00.&nbsp=3B For those on the rare bird alert=2C who might not have=
 gotten directions to the Little Blue Heron=2C it is in Oakland at the smal=
l marsh area on the shoreline side of the road about 4-5 km in from Mahone =
Bay.&nbsp=3B The road by the marsh area goes to Heron Point.&nbsp=3B The ro=
ad sign across on the other side is Dynamite Rd.&nbsp=3B It is a white sign=
 with black print.&nbsp=3B I went also to see the 1st spring male summer ta=
nager at West Dublin.&nbsp=3B It was nice to be able to drive into where th=
is bird was and look at the feeder from my car and turn around and drive ba=
ck home.&nbsp=3B It is not often that one can got to find two birds at sepa=
rate locations quite distant from one another and find them both within sec=
onds of arrival.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BI've sent a request off to the owner of the=
 property where the summer tanager is for permission for others to view it=
=2C but have not heard anything back yet.&nbsp=3B I will keep all posted ei=
ther way as to whether the response is positive or not.&nbsp=3B I will give=
 directions at a later time if the response is positive.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_e77249a5-907c-4892-ab43-2751cbfcf171_--