[NatureNS] Owl Survey - Guysborough Intervale

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 09:54:24 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--20cf307f33eefbae9904bf5da8e7

Krista and I did our survey from Guysborough Intervale to New France on
Friday night, under great conditions. We had four Barred Owls, that was it
for owls, but at the second last stop, two owls flew overhead (I actually
saw the shadows first...very cool) and perched just out of sight. But they
did hoot several times at the "intruder".

All the normally-heard night critters were active, and at one stop we had
quite a loud wailing loon; very nice.

We got home and a Saw-whet was calling there.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--20cf307f33eefbae9904bf5da8e7

Krista and I did our survey from Guysborough Intervale to New France on Fri=
day night, under great conditions. We had four Barred Owls, that was it for=
 owls, but at the second last stop, two owls flew overhead (I actually saw =
the shadows first...very cool) and perched just out of sight. But they did =
hoot several times at the &quot;intruder&quot;.<div>

 in the boonies of<br>Antigonish County, NS.<br>

--20cf307f33eefbae9904bf5da8e7--