[NatureNS] Petition - Bedford basin Infill / Bedford Reef

Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:22:08 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_MgEVoB7vbM8QiazLXse6zQ)

Hi Ian,

Just wanted to let you know that I thought your video was most
beautifully done and certainly conveyed what a special place the Reef is
- I have gladly added  my support to your Petition. May it and your tiny
group make a difference !

Eleanor Lindsay

On 10/05/2012 6:27 PM, I/N wrote:
> Hi everyone...
>
> I watch NatureNS all the time.
> It's true my initial post this time around was not a discussion, but
> it was information, and that's OK.
>
> Our little group,"Save Bedford Reef",  consisted of three people with
> young families.
> Progress is slow - persistence is high.
> We are exploring many levels of bureaucracy and politics with our
> inquiries about this infilling project. It has been an education.
>
> Since so much time had elapsed since my posting of our Youtube video
> last year, I wanted to simply advise that "somebody is doing
> something" about a well known and reviled environmental issue. In this
> case, that "something" was a table and display at the seaside market
> downtown Halifax last Saturday.
>
> If major environmental destruction is happening in Nova Scotia, I want
> to know about it, and I want other nature lovers to know about it.
> This list is the best place to find the people that really care.
>
> One thing NatureNS is not, is the place for a rant, so I'll stop here.
> However, I must say the initial reply I saw on the group left me reeling.
>
> Thankyou very much to those of you who wrote in support, and who
> posted support here. I appreciate it.
>
> 'nuff said. (Too much said?)
>
> Sincerely,
> Ian Marshall
>

> On 5/7/2012 8:20 PM, james simpson wrote:
>> While I am all for advocacy, I am concerned this type of polemic is a
>> slippery slope that will limit the ability of NatureNS to be
>> perceived as impartial and thus an authoritative voice of dedicated
>> and concerned NS naturalists.

--Boundary_(ID_MgEVoB7vbM8QiazLXse6zQ)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Just wanted to let you know that I thought your video was most
      beautifully done and certainly conveyed what a special place the
      Reef is - I have gladly added  my support to your Petition. May it
      and your tiny group make a difference !<br>
      Eleanor Lindsay<br>