[NatureNS] North American Migration Count

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:37:51 +0000

--_22137b1d-5634-45dc-ab46-4a80dfd02701_

Today was a grand day for the count.  I started out with a team of four for=
 part of the day and for the rest of the day a team of three.  We had 66 sp=
ecies with highlights being for one indigo bunting male=2C a singing Baltim=
ore oriole=2C finding a fully completed yellow-rumped warbler nest=2C and a=
 northern flicker nest.  There were lots of butterflies about of quite a fe=
w species=2C but I only had time to or was able to get photos of a few.  No=
teably missing from my route were red-tailed hawk=2C and palm warbler.  The=
 down side was my car worked fine for the whole day=2C knowing that I had a=
n appointment to have a new alternator put in next week.  On the way home a=
long Second Peninsula=2C my radio and cd player stopped functioning.  Part =
way to Bridgewater the car was not picking up right and along with the batt=
ery light the engine light came on and then the oil light and that was it. =
 The alternator died.  So thank heavens for CAA and a ride back home from m=
y dad. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_22137b1d-5634-45dc-ab46-4a80dfd02701_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
Today was a grand day for the count.&nbsp=3B I started out with a team of f=
our for part of the day and for the rest of the day a team of three.&nbsp=
=3B We had 66 species with highlights being for one indigo bunting male=2C =
a singing Baltimore oriole=2C finding a fully completed yellow-rumped warbl=
er nest=2C and a northern flicker nest.&nbsp=3B There were lots of butterfl=
ies about of quite a few species=2C but I only had time to or was able to g=
et photos of a few.&nbsp=3B Noteably missing from my route&nbsp=3Bwere red-=
tailed hawk=2C and palm warbler.&nbsp=3B The down side was my car worked fi=
ne for the whole day=2C knowing that I had an appointment to have a new alt=
ernator put in next week.&nbsp=3B On the way home along Second Peninsula=2C=
 my radio and cd player stopped functioning.&nbsp=3B Part way to Bridgewate=
r the car was not picking up right and along with the battery light the eng=
ine light came on and then the oil light and that was it.&nbsp=3B The alter=
nator died.&nbsp=3B So thank heavens for CAA and a ride back home from my d=
ad.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_22137b1d-5634-45dc-ab46-4a80dfd02701_--