[NatureNS] ducklings etc...

From: "Gary Murray" <garymurray@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "nature ns" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 07:55:16 -0300

Hi all,

Things are hopping here, this morning a Black duck showed up at my feeders
with 7 ducklings in tow. Lots of other sightings as well, a pair of
Hummers are at the feeders a lot, Siskins, Purple FInches, both Nuthatch
species, Parula, Black Throated Green Warblers,  along with the normal
yard/feeder birds. Around the lake the Spotted Sandpipers, and
Kingfishers and Tree Swallows are back, A pair of Broad Wing Hawks,
Merlins across the lake, Sharp Shinned Hawks, seen regularly. Wild
Strawberry, Lily of The Valley and Horsetails are blooming in my yard as
well.  Ovenbirds and Hermit Thrushes can be heard singing a lot as well,
which is pretty cool.

Cheers,
Gary Murray
Tucker Lake