[NatureNS] Birds today_added from White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:07:11 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD3752.A23C9E20

We saw nighthawks over White Point after the closing of the gift gallery =
in town. I saw several there but I have learned to drive and keep my =
eyes on the road, she says hopefully.=20
Other birds about: we have young robins, still at the fluttering stage =
and there are chickadees in the swallow house over the grapevine. =
Several more Robin nests, a starling nest and Grackle nests. Momma =
Woodpecker may have lost her nest I am not sure. She is working on =
bringing down the entire Maple along the driveway! Wood chips are going =
everywhere! Can hear hungry cheeps from every point in the yard. =
Hummingbirds are building, some have quite muddy faces!=20
Steve is putting a third swallow house as I write.  There is such a set =
to when more birds come in. Both houses have incubating eggs, maybe the =
grapevine has at least one young chickadee. Has anyone gotten them to =
move in tenement houses like a purple Martin house?  We don't have a lot =
of places open enough to put another one up. I wonder if I could =
convince the lodge/golfcourse  to put them up (if they haven't already, =
I don't know) along the greens. Lots of birds moving through. It is =
hands down the best year for numbers and varieties I have ever =
experienced here in 22 years.
best regards,=20
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD3752.A23C9E20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>We saw nighthawks over White Point =
after the=20
closing of the gift gallery in town. I saw several there but I have =
learned to=20
drive and keep my eyes on the road, she says hopefully. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Other birds about: we have young =
robins, still at=20
the fluttering stage and there are chickadees in the swallow house over =
the=20
grapevine. Several more Robin nests, a starling nest and Grackle nests. =
Momma=20
Woodpecker may have lost her nest I am not sure. She is working on =
bringing down=20
the entire Maple along the driveway! Wood chips are going everywhere! =
Can hear=20
hungry cheeps from every point in the yard. Hummingbirds are building, =
some have=20
quite muddy faces! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Steve is putting&nbsp;a third swallow =
house as I=20
write.&nbsp; There is such a set to when more birds come in. Both houses =
have=20
incubating eggs, maybe the grapevine has at least one young chickadee. =
Has=20
anyone gotten them to move in tenement houses like a purple Martin =
house?&nbsp;=20
We don't have a lot of places open enough to put another one up. I =
wonder if I=20
could convince the lodge/golfcourse &nbsp;to put them up (if they =
haven't=20
already, I don't know) along the greens. Lots of birds moving through. =
It is=20
hands down the best year for numbers and varieties I have ever =
experienced here=20
in 22 years.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>best regards, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Marg Millard, White Point,=20
Queens</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD3752.A23C9E20--