[NatureNS] single-parent robin

From: Nancy Roberts <nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:54:06 -0300

Hello,

Can anyone advise on this?

We have a robin nest with a robin apparently incubating eggs.

The bird we thought was probably her mate has been hanging about the
yard. Today he looked "off" and was sluggish. Now he is dead.

Is it in the realm of possibility for the mother to continue
incubating and then feed a brood by herself? How can we help her?

If we were to put good food nearby, what would it be?

Thank you,

Nancy

Nancy Roberts Design
Celebrating 19 years of making you look GOOD

Dartmouth, NS B2Y 2X6
902 461-9488