[NatureNS] Recent Bird Report and turtle

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 00:08:41 +0000

--_3b33ce5e-d3f8-4446-b2e0-e1923d271965_

Hi all:
=20
I've recently had reports from Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Peninsula of an A=
merican pipit that has been hanging around the farm field there for a numbe=
r of weeks now.  It has been present for about three weeks total.  There ar=
e now four brown-headed cowbirds there with three males and a female.  He h=
ad one bobolink about a week ago and now there are two males and a female. =
 Either seven black-bellied plovers or American golden plovers have shown u=
p on his back field.  He has never seen them there in the spring=2C but alw=
ays in the fall.  I described to him the difference between the two species=
 and he will try to get a definite id for me.  A male and female indigo bun=
ting which had been present there left only a few days ago. =20
=20
From East LaHave=2C Robin Wyllie had what he keyed out as a western tanager=
.  It is quite possible that this bird was a first spring summer tanager=2C=
 possibly the same bird that had been in West Dublin.  His description was =
that he thought it was a large goldfinch at first except for the red head. =
 His original description on the phone was of an all yellow bird with a red=
 head.  He is unsure if it had black on the back or wings and the bird did =
not stick around longer than a day=2C so we will never know.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater   		 	   		  =

--_3b33ce5e-d3f8-4446-b2e0-e1923d271965_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<FONT size=3D3>Hi all:</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>I've recently had reports from Glenn Rhodenizer of Second Pe=
ninsula of an American pipit that has been hanging around the farm field th=
ere for a number of weeks now.&nbsp=3B It has been present for about three =
weeks total.&nbsp=3B There are now four brown-headed cowbirds there with th=
ree males and a female.&nbsp=3B He had one bobolink about a week ago and no=
w there are two males and a female.&nbsp=3B Either seven black-bellied plov=
ers or American golden plovers have shown up on his back field.&nbsp=3B He =
has never seen them there in the spring=2C but always in the fall.&nbsp=3B =
I described to him the difference between the two species and he will try t=
o get a definite id for me.&nbsp=3B A male and female indigo bunting which =
had been present there left only a few days ago.&nbsp=3B </FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>From East LaHave=2C Robin Wyllie had what he keyed out as a =
western tanager.&nbsp=3B It is quite possible that this bird was a first sp=
ring summer tanager=2C possibly the same bird that had been in West Dublin.=
&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BHis description was that he thought it was a large goldfinc=
h at first except for the red head.&nbsp=3B His original description on the=
 phone was of an all yellow bird with a red head.&nbsp=3B He is unsure if i=
t had black on the back or wings and the bird did not stick around longer t=
han a day=2C so we will never know.</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>James R. Hirtle</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Bridgewater&nbsp=3B </FONT><BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_3b33ce5e-d3f8-4446-b2e0-e1923d271965_--