[NatureNS] Red bellied woodpeckers in Halifax

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 05:56:55 -0300

Ann Doull continues to see the male red bellied woodpecker at her feeders in
south end Halifax.   She used to see the pair, but not lately.

Gisele D'entremont informed me that she saw a female in the Camphill
cemetery across from the Public Gardens Thursday, May 24th.  It must be the
same one Ann had.

Cheers
Liz

This morning (Sunday May 27th) at 6:20 a.m., I heard through my open bedroom
window a
Red-bellied Woodpecker calling repeatedly. I went out into the
backyard and just glimpsed it as it flew away from a big ash tree. In
April my neighbour told me that she had seen one several times along
our central Halifax street. I hear one occasionally while walking to
work, usually closer to Jubilee Road, but have not heard of any
other recent reports on the peninsula of Halifax.

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax