Bees and More not quite Natural HIstory: was: [NatureNS]

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:58:48 -0300

Hi All,                        June 2, 2012
    I have seen very few wild bees on the lawn this year (Bumble Bees
excepted) and relatively few Honey Bees in spite of reams of flowers.
Is this shortage of small wild Bees general or localized ?

    Moving right along.

    While it is true that the budget will pass, it is also true that
pressure applied effectively will yield results. The recent reversal of
indefinite closure of the Margaree Salmon Sport Fishing season is a good
example.

    And some of the Budget measures may not be as permanent as one might
imagine, because nothing passed by Parliment can not be later reversed if
seen fit.

    One of the most effective ways to oppose the adverse consequences of
this budget, in my opinion, is to donate funds to the Official Opposition,
say $1200. With sufficient funding they will be able to undertake good
research and keep applying pressure where it will have the greatest effect.
Currently, it is the only way to exercise a meaningful vote.

    Secondly I intend to write the leaders of splinter parties (Green &
Liberal) and urge them to merge with NDP in the next election, on the
understanding that this temporary amalgamation would initiate proportional
representation if elected.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville