[NatureNS] World Environment Day - 5 June 2012

From: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS List <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 04:35:31 -0300

--_15fe72fd-2706-427f-8bdf-08c12c5eec8c_

Hello all=2C
=20
Happy World Environment Day!  Although the Canadian government seems to hav=
e forgotten it and the Canadian Environment Week that was based around it=
=2C this is the 40th one and it is still celebrated around the world=2C at =
least in countries that do not consider environmentalists as the enemy.  He=
re is a link for more information.
http://www.greeningtheblue.org/event/world-environment-day-5-june-2012=20
=20
It is difficult to celebrate this in Canada with our environmental protecti=
on laws under attack by the Harper oleocracy=2C but it is a reminder for an=
y who care about the future to at least let your MP know that you are not h=
appy about the destruction of the Environmental Impact Assessment process a=
nd the weakening of endangered species and aquatic and marine habitat prote=
ction. There must be some Conservatives who understand what they are doing =
and who care more about the survival of living things than blindly followin=
g a political leader who shows such contempt for Parliament=2C science=2C a=
nd democracy.  Don't forget the Senators=2C who are less under the control =
of the P.M.
I had better stop here before I get my knuckles rapped for bringing politic=
s into this list.  Let me assure any concerned that I would be just as crit=
ical of any other party or leader who tried to undo the progress of the pas=
t 40 years of environmental legislation.  There are=2C of course=2C improve=
ments that could be made to these laws and the EIA process=2C but the way t=
he government is hiding its changes in a budget bill shows that they do not=
 want public debate or informed comment to improve the laws.

Wayne P. Neily
Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia

"Think globally=2C Act locally." - Ren=E9 Dubos=2C 1972.=20
 		 	   		  =

--_15fe72fd-2706-427f-8bdf-08c12c5eec8c_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<FONT size=3D3>Hello all=2C</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Happy World Environment Day!&nbsp=3B Although the Canadian g=
overnment seems to have forgotten it and the Canadian Environment Week that=
 was based around it=2C this is the 40th one and it is still celebrated aro=
und the world=2C at least in countries that&nbsp=3Bdo not consider environm=
entalists as the enemy.&nbsp=3B Here is a link for more information.<BR></F=
ONT><A href=3D"http://www.greeningtheblue.org/event/world-environment-day-5=
-june-2012"><FONT size=3D3>http://www.greeningtheblue.org/event/world-envir=
onment-day-5-june-2012</FONT></A><FONT size=3D3>&nbsp=3B</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<H6 class=3DuiStreamMessage data-ft=3D'{"type":1=2C"tn":"K"}'><SPAN class=
=3DmessageBody data-ft=3D'{"type":3}'><FONT size=3D3>It is difficult to cel=
ebrate this in Canada with our environmental protection laws under attack b=
y the Harper oleocracy=2C but it is a reminder for any who care about the f=
uture to at least let your MP know that you are not happy about the destruc=
tion of the Environmental Impact Assessment process and the weakening of en=
dangered species and aquatic and marine habitat protection. There must be s=
ome Conservatives who understand what they are doing and who care more abou=
t the survival of living things than blindly following a political leader w=
ho shows such contempt for Parliament=2C science=2C and democracy.&nbsp=3B =
Don't forget the Senators=2C who are less under the control of the P.M.</FO=
NT></SPAN></H6>
<FONT size=3D3>I had better stop here before I get my knuckles rapped for b=
ringing politics into this list.&nbsp=3B Let me assure any concerned that I=
 would be just as critical of any other party or leader who tried to undo t=
he progress of the past 40 years of environmental legislation.&nbsp=3B Ther=
e are=2C of course=2C improvements that could be made to these laws and the=
 EIA process=2C but the way the government is hiding its changes in a budge=
t bill shows that they do not want public debate or informed comment to imp=
rove the laws.<BR></FONT><BR>
<P class=3DecxecxecxMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3></FONT>
<P class=3DecxecxecxMsoNormal><SPAN lang=3DEN-US><FONT face=3D"Times New Ro=
man" size=3D3><STRONG></STRONG></FONT></SPAN></P>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Wayne P. Neily<BR>Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia</=
FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT size=3D3>"Think globally=2C Act locally." - Ren=E9 Dubos=2C =
1972. <BR></FONT></DIV> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_15fe72fd-2706-427f-8bdf-08c12c5eec8c_--