[NatureNS] Farmed Salmon

From: "Sandy Hiltz" <birddog@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 07:21:31 -0300

Hi Dave,

There is ample evidence of a steep decline in wild salmon stocks, both here
and in Europe, with the evolution of salmon aquaculture.
Salmon stocks were healthy in the inner Bay of Fundy in rivers like the St
John and Little Salmon rivers in New Brunswick and the Stewiacke in Nova
Scotia prior to open pen salmon farming.