[NatureNS] re dealing with escaped salmon & sea lice -- was Farmed Salmon

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:19:21 -0300
From: cjknndy@mta.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
Cc: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I could not agree more with Jim. I've heard of 'closed' systems in the New
England states that remain in the ocean, but are essentially floating swimming
pools with wastes being collected and treated prior to disposal into the ocean.
A first step at least, but I've never heard it mentioned in Atlantic Canada.

Cheers,
Chris in Halifax