[NatureNS] Ticks Now Throughout HRM

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:00:23 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Andrew Hebda <hebdaaj@gov.ns.ca>

Thank you Andrew!
No, they do not do tick ID's anymore! :(
They suggested I toss it, which I did, maybe I shouldn't have.
The tick did 'appear' to have black legs (through my magnifying glass) but it really may not have.
Have an appointment this week anyway for 'Dash's' annual seniors wellness check & titre testing (only vaccinate for rabies now every 3 years). Will consult with her vet re: the tick. I know that as a pre-caution dogs may be given antibiotics.
Amazing that even though I have owned Springers since 1980 & lived in Dartmouth, that this is the very 1st time I have EVER found a tick on any of my dogs.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Gayle MacLean