[NatureNS] White Point comments

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:50:30 -0300

Marg, do the grapes still wind through the spruce trees by the old cottage
basement on Spectacle?  I brought back some lily seeds years ago which are
growing in the back forty now.

Ken MacAulay
Port Mouton, NS

Hi Ken, yes and Honeysuckle, too. That was the lightkeepers house, the
second one. The one up by the lighthouse burned sometime before '28, I
think.There are several lily types, a lovely yellow daylily, tigerlilies out
front of the lighthouse, waterside. And Gooseberries up by the light itself!
All is overgrown but we did get a few photos of the foundations and will get
more pointers from them to where the other parts of the garden are.  Is that
what you are referring to?
Lots of Pinesap, nice clumps of them.  and Twinflower. So delicate. Some old
timber with square nails we haven't figured the use of but hopefully we will
work that out.