[NatureNS] letter to our MP

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:06:29 -0400
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [NatureList] Re: Death of Evidence rally TODAY at noon
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:02:54 -0400
From: Frederick W. Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: Gord Brown MP <gord@gordbrownmp.ca>
CC: Katie Gibbs <katiemgibbs@gmail.com>,  Scott Findlay
<sfindlay@science.uottawa.ca>, Aleta Karstad <karstad@pinicola.ca>,
Eastern Ontario Natural History list-serve <naturelist@googlegroups.com>

Dear Mr Brown,

We're writing to you to let you know, if you're tallying constituents
who oppose the death of evidence, that we'd have been marching in Ottawa
today, except that a supporter had unexpectedly delegated one of his
staff to to work for a full day on organizing and refurbishing the
Bishops Mills Natural History Centre.

As you may know, the gov't closed down our branch of evidence-work in
1989, with the collapse of field work by the National Museum of Canada,
and over the decades since we've been forced to invent our own scrappy
alternatives to proper support for the central work of any gov't -
knowing its territory so it can know what to do -
http://pinicola.ca/thirty/nomadic.htm & -
http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/

We remind you that if you were to cross the floor and sit with the Green
Party, you'd not only have the huge load of participating in the
destruction of Canada's regulated relationship with its environment
taken off your shoulders, but you'd be acclaimed across the country and
around the world as a hero of opposition to the astonishing
short-sightedness of corporatist environmental thoughtlessness.

Fred Schueler, Ph.D.         Aleta Karstad
Research Curator             Museum Artist/Administrative Curator

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Thirty Years Later Expedition -