Pump drawdowns: [NatureNS] Freshwater Shortages and Bay of Fundy Tides

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:56:32 -0300

Hi Steve & All,
    I tried Google Chrome and was able to read where Internet Explorer
failed namely--
http://www.hwe.org.ps/Education/Birzeit/GroundwaterEngineering/Chapter%203%20-%20Groundwater%20Flow%20to%20Wells.pdf

This is not light reading but examples 6.3 a&b & 6.4 provide samples of
effects at a distance from the well. In 6.4 e.g. water table was lowered 1m
at a distance of 500 m from the well after continuous pumping at 3888
M^3/day for 4.3 days. This reach is greater than I had remembered but this
rate is rather large.
Yt, DW