[NatureNS] Evening on the river

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:54:56 -0300
From: Jeff Hiltz <4x4play@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0015175cab32a92baf04c6174d8a

That sounds like heaven Paul!

Cheers and happy fishing!
Jeff

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi All
> This evening I took a couple of visiting anglers fishing on the river.
> And a beautiful evening it was. Temperature just right with a little
> breeze.
> Who could ask for more?
> An Eagle came by and done some circling. Always impresses our American
> friends. This one has done me a lot of favors the last few years.
> The Arrowhead flowers were quite showy with their white flowers along the
> edges
> of the grass. They seem to have a short flowering period but are nice when
> they do.
> A Salmon jumped very close to the canoe. Slashed water over the lady
> actually. The recent rains
> have freshened the water so they will come in out of the salt. The real
> thing is always a pleasure.
> We also saw 3 night hawks. One about 5 pm was circling over the meadow
> beside the river
> Fish were biting then so we didn't pay much attention to it. Latter after
> 7 pm 2 flew over. Both were quite high and both were going southwest to
> northeast.
> They were a few minutes apart. I doubt they were feeding as they were up
> 300 m
> as a guess and flying in a direct line.
> Enjoy the summer - paddle a river.
> Paul

--0015175cab32a92baf04c6174d8a

 Paul MacDonald <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulrita2001@yahoo.=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-famil=
I took a couple of visiting anglers fishing on the river.</div>
e some circling. Always impresses our American=A0</div><div>friends. This o=
ne has done me a lot of favors the last few years.</div>
the edges=A0</div><div>of the grass. They seem to have a short flowering pe=
riod but are nice when they do.</div><div>A Salmon jumped very close to the=
 canoe. Slashed water over the lady actually. The recent rains</div>
l thing is always a pleasure.</div><div>We also saw 3 night hawks. One abou=
t 5 pm was
 circling over the meadow beside the river</div><div>Fish were biting then =
so we didn&#39;t pay much attention to it. Latter after</div><div>7 pm 2 fl=
ew over. Both were quite high and both were going southwest to northeast.=
=A0</div>
oy the summer - paddle a river.</div><span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"=
#888888"><div>
/div>

--0015175cab32a92baf04c6174d8a--