[NatureNS] NSBS FIELD TRIP Taylor Head Provincial Park, HRM

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 19:02:59 -0300

Saturday August 4 2012 - Taylor Head Provincial Park, HRM

Leaders:

Jim Cameron 885-2970 Email: jim.cameron@ns.sympatico.ca

Warren Parsons 772-2207 Email: rosalieeast@ns.sympatico.ca

Meet at the kiosk at the last parking lot by 9 a.m. Taylor Head Park is 100
km from Halifax and 11 km before Sheet Harbour.

This will be a joint trip with the Friends of Taylor Head and the Nova
Scotia Bird Society. We will do the Spry Bay Trail in the morning and eat
lunch by Powers Pond. We will watch nesting and brooding Common Tern,
Cormorants, Eiders, Willets, and Spotted Sandpipers. Migrating Whimbrels
should be present along with other waders.
Terrain is rugged so sturdy boots are recommended. Take a hearty lunch and
water too because it's a fantastic hike.

An optional walk to the Headland Trail after lunch is offered.
Please note that bird enthusiasts of all levels are welcome at all our
events, we encourage lots of questions and great conversation. No storm date
for this trip.