[NatureNS] photos

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:38:32 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

We've been wondering why some people, like Jeannie, have many hummers at
a time coming to one feeder apparently fairly peacefully, while our
birds permit only one at a time on our feeders with lots of buzzing and
chasing going on.  We have 2 feeders up at the moment, and some years we
have had 3, but we've never seen more than one bird at a time on them.
In Creston, B.C. we once visited a wildlife centre which had several
very large hummer feeders hung only a few feet apart, and there were
hummers at every feeding port.

Lois Codling