[NatureNS] beached flying fish at Northwest Arm (Halifax)

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Full-name: Hubcove
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 06:35:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

no v
--part1_17067.1fee6746.3d5a326d_boundary

By the size it was probably an Atlantic Flying fish. I have  spent much of
my life on the Ocean but have never seen one that close in.  Working the
Sable Island rigs one would occasionally see the odd one in the  summer
together with other pelagic fish such as Trigger Fish. Once you get to  the fringes
of the Gulf Stream heading to Bermuda they become more common. An
interesting find. Still lots of squid in the cove right in the  marina.

Peter Stow
Hubbards

In a message dated 12/08/2012 4:22:29 P.M. Atlantic Daylight Time,