[NatureNS] Painted Ladies in White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:51:34 -0300

today in White Point there are Painted Ladies every where in White Point. My
yard has dozens feeding but along the nature trail at White Point Beach
resort there are many, many more. There are also Monarchs, Wood Nymphs,
Sulfurs as well as cabbage and others ! So far I haven't seen any of the
Morning Cloaks that usually attend the apple drop. Just the spring ones. It
is a magic spot here, many, many, many bumble bee and I finally saw a honey
bee. The first this year!
We do have a  couple hummingbirds feeding.
Last evening we had a camp fire and we could hear birds cheeping as they
moved over head about 10:30.  Many birds.

Marg Millard, White Point, Queens