[NatureNS] Painted Ladies

From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:19:42 -0300

On walking the Salt Marsh Trail this morning, Painted Ladies were the most
common species encountered and there must have been a 100 of them -
remarkable!!  I couldn't find an American Lady among them.  Almost equally
numerous were Cabbage Whites.  These were the only leps encountered except
for a single Clouded Sulphur.  Certainly more butterflies than shorebirds,
speaking of which, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Black-bellied Plovers and
Least Sandpipers were seen.  Also noted were a few Common Terns, lots of DC
Cormorants, 3-4 Osprey actively feeding, and an immature Bald Eagle.

Bob McDonald