[NatureNS] Osprey

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:20:46 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CD8478.4BBA60A0

I wonder if Great Blue Herons do this, as well. I had neighbours who =
spent a few days camping in back woods at Kedge. They tried to stay away =
from a GBH while paddling but they said it acted as if it was trying to =
lead them away from a nest. They did try to stay as far as possible from =
it but it seems it was liking their site for some reason....a late nest =
maybe? While enjoying their campfire they had a visit from three or four =
small raccoons very curious about the goings on.=20

We had  family of American Goldfinches come out of the big maple tree =
yesterday; soft, fluffy little fluttering young with 'feed me' cries and =
flapping beaks. All seem to be gone today.
Yesterday, we had to go to Lunenburg to drop off a painting and saw a =
number of hawks. Maybe 6 on the way down. One was a red-tailed for sure, =
another was a sharpie, there was what I am almost sure was a red-tailed =
and then the others were too far away by the time I tried to see them.=20
We did see an osprey going up with fish from the river! Also saw what I =
am pretty sure was a dead one road side, west side B'water on the =
shoulder of the 103.=20
Best regards=20
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CD8478.4BBA60A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-15">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I wonder if Great Blue Herons do this, =
as well. I=20
had neighbours who spent a few days camping in back woods at Kedge. They =
tried=20
to stay away from a GBH while paddling but they said it acted as if it =
was=20
trying to lead them away from a nest. They did try to stay as far as =
possible=20
from it but it seems it was liking their site for some reason....a late =
nest=20
maybe? While enjoying their campfire they had a visit from three or four =
small=20
raccoons very curious about the goings on. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We had&nbsp; family of American =
Goldfinches come=20
out of the big maple tree yesterday; soft, fluffy&nbsp;little fluttering =
young=20
with 'feed me' cries and flapping beaks. All seem to be gone =
today.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yesterday, we had to go to Lunenburg to =
drop off a=20
painting and saw a number of hawks. Maybe 6 on the way down. One was a=20
red-tailed for sure, another was a sharpie, there was what I am almost =
sure was=20
a red-tailed and then the others were too far away by the time I tried =
to see=20
them.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We did see an osprey going up with fish =
from the=20
river! Also saw what I am pretty sure was a dead one road side, west =
side=20
B'water on the shoulder of the 103. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best regards </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Marg Millard, White Point,=20
Queens</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CD8478.4BBA60A0--