[NatureNS] Green heron using bait to catch fish

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 6:31:50 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Bernard Burke <bernieb1@EastLink.ca>

Thanks for sharing this, Bernard!

Isn't that something else? I saw this just the other day. I thought to myself, 'Wow', a Green Heron, like the one down at Sullivan's Pond!
Here's another video, also showing a Green Heron behaving in the same way. As the commentator says, 'What a shrewdy'! Apparently, this video, when shown to scientists, caused quite a stir (or so says the write-up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNTw7GH325U

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth