[NatureNS] Re: Snapping Turtle Nest, Red Bridge Pond

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:57:57 -0300

The only time i have observed hatching was around the middle of
September/2008 in western New Brunswick.

Jim Edsall
Dartmouth, N.S.
check out my personal website at
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/jim.edsall/
 I saw some turtle hatchlings by one of the power dams, #2 I think, on the
Mersey River. they came from the middle of the road over to the dyke. I saw
some crows acting like crows will when trying to catch something so
investigated. I managed to put three live ones (all I saw at that stage) at
water's edge where they took themselves off. I have seen signs after they
hatched at Rossignal.

There used to be a site at Hibernia, on Christopher's Lake where every year
in Sept there was a hatch but I never did see the little ones, just momma
depositing her load once in awhile in the spring.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens