[NatureNS] Coyotes in Kings County

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:46:54 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I think you have a specific situation at your location(s). My first
guess would be that you just have one big family group claiming the
entire area & there are no territorial issues with other coyotes.
Where I live, White Rock, we currently have more (almost daily) coyote
howling than ever before & one session seems to occur each morning
between 8-9 AM, which seems very "daylight" to me. This morning I
happened to be outdoors & heard one pack start up, across a paved road
from us, followed immediately by a huge chorus from roughly the bottom
edge of our land. The volume was unreal on a bright sunny morning. It
went on for perhaps 5 minutes & seemed very competitive to me.

Rick W.