[NatureNS] Kejimkujik National Park Winter Closure

From: "Gary Murray" <garymurray@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:12:45 -0300

Hi all,

I wrote the park superintendent a few months back after first hearing about
it. I assume he wants it to remain year round park, but felt they need to
hear from the paying public. I pointed out that the park seems to be
catering exclusively to  the RV/trailer  crowd, and people who want to go
experience nature are left out. The last few times I camped front
country, it was nuts. Partying, generators, dogs you name it, and
security doing nothing about it. Not what the National Park system is
about. The shoulder seasons are among the times where the park can be
enjoyed for the jewel that it is. It is more peaceful  here, so I saved
the money and stayed home this year, and used it to eat Lots of good
food!

My 2 cents. :)

Gary Murray
Tucker Lake