[NatureNS] Hartlen Pt,, HRM, this morning - shorebirds gone, not much landbird migration

From: "Don MacNeill" <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:04:15 -0300

I played golf at Hartlen Pt. yesterday afternoon.  There were perhaps a
dozen whimbrel feeding on the fairway ahead of us.  They would fly off as we
approached and appear again on another fairway.  I don't know how they
managed not to be hit by golf balls.

There were a large number of large plovers on the course when we first
started at 13:00.  They were too far away to ID but I assume they were
Black-bellied and American Golden.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@bellaliant.net